Monday, December 3, 2007

Holiday Cheeseballs for Christmas and New Year's Parties

Everyone loves parties. Here it is the usual custom for each guest to take something good to snack on during the party. Here are several Cheeseballs that have been hits at some of the parties I go to.

Salmon Cheeseball
1 can Salmon
1 8 oz. pkg Cream Cheese
1 T. Lemon Juice
2 tsp. Onions
1 tsp. Liquid Smoke Flavoring
Let Cream Cheese soften and drain the Salmon. Remove all of the bones in the Salmon. Mix the Cream Cheese and Salmon. Add the Lemon Juice, Onions, and Liquid Smoke and mix well. Shape into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to serve with your choice of crackers.
Cheeseball
2 - 8 oz. pkg Cream Cheese
1 - 8 oz. pkg shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 tsp Onion
1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
Let Cream Cheese soften. Add Cheddar Cheese, Onion, and Worcestershire Sauce. Mix well. This will make 2 small balls or 1 large ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to serve with your choice of crackers.
The Cheeseballs can be made several days in advance of serving them. They will become better flavored as time goes by.
I have taken these to Office Christmas Parties for years. I hope that you enjoy these. I will also have these recipes that I post on my blog in my new recipe book that is coming out in January.
Sandra Justice
Annie's Accents Bakery
Website: http://www.anniesaccentsbakery.net

3 comments:

Bev Mahone said...

Sandra,

Glad to see you're a part of the blogging challenge! The salmon cheese ball recipe sounds delicious. I'm wondering---can you use it with fresh salmon?

Annie's Accents Bakery said...

Beverly,
I would think that you could use fresh salmon but I have always used canned salmon. I think it would be good that way.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Sandra,

You gave me a new holiday idea!
I love salmon and the Salmon Cheeseball sounds wonderful.:)

Happy Holidays!
Leslie