Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pan Coating for Pans

Good Morning,

Would you like to be able to quit lining your cake pans with wax paper or coating them with shortening and flour? I have an easy solution for you. All you need is a plastic container, shortening, vegetable oil or your preferred kind of oil, flour and a pastry brush. Measure equal parts of shortening, oil and flour (I use 1 cup of each which makes a total of 3 cups when I'm finished). Put the shortening, oil and flour in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Pour into the plastic container. When you are ready to bake a cake, brush a thin coat of the mixture on the bottom and sides of the cake pan. Then pour the cake dough into the pan and bake. Your cake will come out clean after running a knife around the sides of the cake to loosen it.

This mixture will keep for a long time especially when kept in the refrigerator. Just be sure to take it out of the refrigerator to warm up before coating a pan.

If you don't bake a lot of cakes you might want to use 1/2 cup of each or even 1/4 cup of each. Here in my bakery I mix up 1 cup of each because I bake a lot of cakes. I also use it on my bread pans.

This is so much better than spray coating your pans.

No comments: